RV Hydronic Heater Repair
This model of Aqua-Hot uses the special Camco -100 Boiler coolant.
This model may also be known as:
Changes From Previous Model
This model is a major redesign of the AHE-450-DE1 model
Changes made on this model:
- Solid fuel lines (instead of rubber fuel lines that are in all previous models)
- NO RADIATOR cap - Zero pressure system
- Recommended exhaust pipe is 2" ID (up from 1 5/8")
- Has case interlock switch that will not allow burner to run until switch is depressed
- High limit thermostats are now set to trip at 215° (up from 220°)
- Some heaters in this series have tank liquid SENSOR in place of the mechanical float switch. This tank level sensor is no longer available, see replacement below.
- Coolant lines check valves are now mounted horizontally
- Aqua-Hot is installed in a 'tray' that is installed first. Aqua-Hot is then mounted in coach using this tray.
- Control Thermostat - ELE-014-005
- Electric high limit thermostat - ELE-HLT-322 -or- with terminals crimped on ELE-ASY-200-HYD
- Diesel high limit thermostat - ELE-HLT-322
- Control Board - ELE-PC4-010 This control board will directly replace the 008 and 009 models. You may have to crimp different (larger) terminals on 12-VDC supply wires.
- Tank level sensor (float switch) - ELX-800-002 - Brass float
- Zone, stir and engine preheat pumps (are no longer available). Pump upgrade kit, here: PLE-100-905-FRU
- Radiator cap - PLX-102-229
- Uses 'screw in’ Low Temperature Cutoff Thermostat - ELE-000-606
- Reconditioned Webasto burner - WPE-905-834-R
Routine service parts and kits - Routine Service Parts Scroll down page for filter and nozzle packages.
- Stir pump failure - Upgrade kit, here: PLE-100-905-FRU
- Rubber boot on air intake for Webasto. Recommend removing rubber boot because it can restrict air intake into Webasto burner. Kit to cover air intake with screen is here: Air Intake Screen
On Aqua-Hot website AHE-450-DE2 Scroll down page in "Discontinued Aqua-Hot Products" section